First of all, as a “relative” newcomer to Wichita, I can affirm that a photo walk is a GREAT way to explore an adopted city, especially if you take one early on a glorious summer morning. This morning was not to hot, not too cold, sunny, in short wonderful for photographing areas of interest. I do not profess to be the best photographer in the world, but I like to take pictures. I’ve taken a lot of art classes, so I tend to see things in angles and texture. I don’t always get what I see the first time, hence a few repeat photos. My favorites are the brock building reflected in the pond and the clock. Let me know which version you like best. Clearly all three ask the question “Does anybody really know what time it is?” but I’m undecided which does it most successfully. I also like the photo of the cupola upward, and those through the disintegrating awning, and finally the tree grate and the overpass. No idea of their real names. That’s my next task. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thanks to @WichitaCindy for info about the walk on twitter and facebook. It was an excellent adventure. See my pics at: http://picasaweb.google.com/DBallardReisch/WichitaPhotoWalk?feat=directlink No, I haven’t retouched anything yet, just threw them up for fun. Enjoy!
- A Love Letter to My Sweetie for Being AWESOME!!!
- Adventures in aging: Part 3 – Seriously?! There’s more?!
- Adventures in Aging – Part 2: Knee pain, a brace and a walker
- Adventures in aging – Part 1: A partially detached retina, problems with my PCP, a trip to the ER, and great care at Desert Springs
- Mom, Competitive Forensics, and a Saturday Surprise at Wright State University
- Lessons with Grandma #1: Hair washing, potato soup, and a visit to the ER
- On Fear, Hope, a Bracelet, and Gratitude
- Connection, preemies, and African violets
- Travel Tips from a Woman on a Plane
- My first trip since BC (before Covid) – heading to South Africa!
- Ambassador Tony Hall's Hunger Fast blog
- Douglas and Main
- Greater Good Network
- Kyle Hicks
- More Peace Corps
- National Coalition on Health Care
- Numana – feed the starving in Haiti
- Numana Incorporated
- Peace Corps
- Post Secret
- SickKids Foundation
- The Daily Challenge
- Tom’s Shoes